Although this is a tablet site most of us here have their HDTV. I don't but you might. Best of Luck getting this matter solved!
Three more retailers (Home at Five, Montgomery Ward and Seventh Avenue) have added their names to the 8 that took the unusual step in mid-December of recalling about 8,900 flat screen TVs made by a company that has gone out of business.
An electronic component in the Coby 32-inch flat screen televisions can fail, catch fire and ignite nearby items, posing fire and burn hazards.
Six incidents have been reported involving the televisions overheating, smoking or catching fire. One involved a TV catching on fire and scorching a wall. Another involved a fire that was limited to the television. No injuries have been reported.
This recall involves black Coby 32-inch flat screen TVs with model number TFTV3229 and serial numbers beginning with LG and that have M07 or M10 in the 9th, 10th and 11th position of the serial number. The model and serial numbers are printed on a label on the back of the televisions and Coby is printed on the front.
The TVs, manufactured in China, were sold at the retailers listed below from August 2011, through November 2013, for between $170 and $260.
Consumers should immediately turn off and unplug the recalled televisions and contact the participating retailer where their TV was purchased for instructions on the remedy available from that retailer, which could be a refund, store credit, gift card or replacement TV. Because Coby USA is out of business, the retailers are providing the remedy. The remedy and terms vary between the retailers.
Consumers may contact the following retailers:
- ABC Warehouse: Toll-free at (855) 510-0070.
- Best Buy: (800) 566-7498.
- Fry’s Electronics: Toll-free at (877) 688-7678.
- h.h. gregg: Toll-free at (888) 723-7385.
- Home at Five: (800) 991-4442
- Montgomery Ward: (800) 991-4442
- Nebraska Furniture Mart: (800) 359-1200.
- P.C. Richard & Son: Toll-free at (866) 312-4493.
- Sears/Kmart: Toll-free at (888) 852-3571.
- Seventh Avenue: (800) 991-4442
- Toys R Us: (800) 869-7787.