PowerCode ROM Upgrades Depository for Kyros 7012, 7014, 7015, 7015A, 7015B, 7016, 7022, 7042, 7127, 8127, 9742, 1042 ,1125, 1126

I forgot my password

Donations to Support

Donations are
Greatly Appreciated
Thank You!

KTZ Forums Site Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 10108 messages in 1236 subjects

We have 23950 registered users

The newest registered user is xAims

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 506 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 am

Latest topics

KTZ Rom | Up - POWERCODE

KTZ Rom Update - Bulldog

Poll

Do you own a MID4331?

View results

KTZ Affiliated Sites

ALNET Forums

ATZ Forums

WTZ Forums

Heal thIS Heaven website

August 2014

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

MikeViller

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

Post by MikeViller on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:38 am

can we dream of this or it's possible to port ICS 4.0 on let say mid8125 anyone know this company Feihong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39LEH7vrvUM

tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

Post by tipstir on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Google Android phasing out ICS for Jelly Bean 5.0. Too many issues in Ice Cream.

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.
    Help support the continued KTZ forum and the development of PowerCode by making a donation min of $10 through PayPal. Thanks in advance!

Fred Flintstone

Post by Fred Flintstone on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 pm

tipstir i read that this morning, they are saying 3rd quarter of 2012. Something about wanting jelly bean out before windows 8 comes out. but I suspect it has much to do with ICE as well.

nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 pm

tipstir wrote:Google Android phasing out ICS for Jelly Bean 5.0. Too many issues in Ice Cream.

i have ICS on my rooted phone and I love it. What kind of issues are being reported? I'm curious.

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:39 pm

nastypup wrote:
    tipstir wrote:Google Android phasing out ICS for Jelly Bean 5.0. Too many issues in Ice Cream.

i have ICS on my rooted phone and I love it. What kind of issues are being reported? I'm curious.

I don't know of any, i am looking forward to putting ics on my tablet as well as having ics on any new tablets i buy.

MikeViller

Post by MikeViller on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Is the mid7024 or the herotab c8 very different then ours . I know that guys are porting ICS on these tablets you can do a search in blank for thunderstorm - ics the problem with the 7024 was the touuchscreen but I was told that it was know working and it was a matter of puting things together before the release.

strung3
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by strung3 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:04 pm

For information,

I am a french customer and i have bought a MID1125 tablet. The manufacturer is french and called "Memup".

I have discussed with a guy from memup on Facebook and he says they are testing ICS on my model but they have some few bugs for the moment but it seems they will make an update ROM ICS.

I keep you inform of any news.

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:55 pm

strung3 wrote:For information,

I am a french customer and i have bought a MID1125 tablet. The manufacturer is french and called "Memup".

I have discussed with a guy from memup on Facebook and he says they are testing ICS on my model but they have some few bugs for the moment but it seems they will make an update ROM ICS.

This would be great news.

MikeViller

Post by MikeViller on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:09 pm

yes good news I even went to see the Memup site and their tablet look like the Coby's

minefield

Post by minefield on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 am

i think its a case of pass the parcel and take away a layer everytime it stops, Meaning im pretty sure that one site started off the story about the phase out and as it gets edited and bits get added and taken away the story changes between sites. I highly doubt ICS would be phased out for the 5.0 so soon, i have read on some reputable sites that the jelly bean will be an update to ICS taking it upto 4.1 and just a few minor bug fixes and a few new features like shortcuts and so on ...

tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:46 pm

But there not much apps for it yet for either one. Going have to wait it out. Since all API the apps are from 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2.2, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.4, 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.2.1.

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.
    Help support the continued KTZ forum and the development of PowerCode by making a donation min of $10 through PayPal. Thanks in advance!

nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:57 pm

tipstir wrote:But there not much apps for it yet for either one. Going have to wait it out. Since all API the apps are from 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2.2, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.4, 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.2.1.

Almost every app that worked on gingerbread works on my phone with ICS. Plus, it can use this cool Chrome browser and sync to my desktop. I love ICS!

tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 pm

nastypup wrote:
    tipstir wrote:But there not much apps for it yet for either one. Going have to wait it out. Since all API the apps are from 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2.2, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.4, 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.2.1.

Almost every app that worked on gingerbread works on my phone with ICS. Plus, it can use this cool Chrome browser and sync to my desktop. I love ICS!

Not always the same when it comes to the tablet. SirusXM works on my Android Smartphone but doesn't work on my HoneyComb 3.2.1 tablet. It won't even run on Kyros. ICS just going to phased out and renamed Jelly Bean. Just have to see what's next for that one?

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.

zorbar

Post by zorbar on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:46 pm

strung3 wrote:For information,

Hello There, Bonjour.

I'm from Portugal and i've also a MID 1125. If you've more news about ICS, tell us.

Regards

Marco

AishaLove

Post by AishaLove on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:24 pm

I just purchased a mid 1126 I'd be very interested in any news regarding ics for my device.

butcher0288
    VIP, Blue, Donator
    VIP, Blue, Donator

Post by butcher0288 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 am

Hello strung3,

I think you do not have a MID 1125 ...
    You have a MID1124 because you a have a samsung processor:

in the site of memup the specifications are :

ESPECIFICAÇÕES TÉCNICAS

Sistema de exploração : Androïd™ 2.2
    Processador : SAMSUNG S5PV210 – cortex AB
    Velocidade do processador : 1 GHz
    Memória interna : 8 GB
    Memória RAM : 512MB
    Resolução do ecrã : 16/9
    Definição do ecrã : 1024x600
    Formatos de vídeo : AVI, WMV, 3GP, MP4, MPG, VOB, MKV, RMVB, FLV, TS, TP
    Formatos de áudio : MP3, MP2, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE, AC3
    Formatos de Foto : JPEG, RAW, BMP, GIF, PNG
    Saída de vídeo : Mini HDMI,

Samsung processor is for **24 series if i´m not wrong ...

It´s bad for us. hope someone buys a feiong and put the rom out their ...

regards

strung3
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by strung3 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:40 am

I am sure i have a telechip TCC8803

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am

butcher0288 wrote:Hello strung3,

I think you do not have a MID 1125 ...
    You have a MID1124 because you a have a samsung processor:

in the site of memup the specifications are :

ESPECIFICAÇÕES TÉCNICAS

Sistema de exploração : Androïd™ 2.2
    Processador : SAMSUNG S5PV210 – cortex AB
    Velocidade do processador : 1 GHz
    Memória interna : 8 GB
    Memória RAM : 512MB
    Resolução do ecrã : 16/9
    Definição do ecrã : 1024x600
    Formatos de vídeo : AVI, WMV, 3GP, MP4, MPG, VOB, MKV, RMVB, FLV, TS, TP
    Formatos de áudio : MP3, MP2, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE, AC3
    Formatos de Foto : JPEG, RAW, BMP, GIF, PNG
    Saída de vídeo : Mini HDMI,

Samsung processor is for **24 series if i´m not wrong ...

It´s bad for us. hope someone buys a feiong and put the rom out their ...

regards

He has a 1125.

butcher0288
    VIP, Blue, Donator
    VIP, Blue, Donator

Post by butcher0288 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:25 am

Well thats´weird because in the MEMUP site they refer Samsung processor Sad

strung3
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by strung3 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 am

There is differents models on the memup site. Mine is named "Slidepad 116C"

About ICS ROM, i have no news... but it seems that they have some bugs with ICS and MID1024. I have no information about MID1125 so "no news, good news".

butcher0288
    VIP, Blue, Donator
    VIP, Blue, Donator

Post by butcher0288 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:19 am

Well

Surfing the NET found another company that say that TCC8803 ARM Cortex A8 is working with ICS
    Hope it could bring something of usefull to us Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_EPWCK4mcM

strung3
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by strung3 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:56 pm

I have just read on french website that Archos just send the ICS update for all their tablet.

Interresting how small manufacturer can provide an update to ics and all big (samsung, htc etc...) are too late. Smile

Fred Flintstone

Post by Fred Flintstone on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 pm

strung3 wrote:I have just read on french website that Archos just send the ICS update for all their tablet.

Interresting how small manufacturer can provide an update to ics and all big (samsung, htc etc...) are too late. Smile

Often the large manufactures take longer to send updates because they have to submit their projects to the political party called management. They must test every part of the update in the hopes they have not made mistakes. They have a reputation to uphold!!! this by no means signifies that they have a better update rom.

AishaLove

Post by AishaLove on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:01 pm

jnewt74 wrote:
    strung3 wrote:I have just read on french website that Archos just send the ICS update for all their tablet.

Often the large manufactures take longer to send updates because they have to submit their projects to the political party called management. They must test every part of the update in the hopes they have not made mistakes. They have a reputation to uphold!!! this by no means signifies that they have a better update rom.

Big players like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, and so on are not at all
    interested in providing updates for thier android devices (to new
    releases) they count on you needed the latest smart phone, and if they
    let you use the latest version of android on your current device you
    have less incentive to bother buying a new device.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 pm

AishaLove wrote:
    jnewt74 wrote:

For the most part this is correct they don't want to upgrade more than once during the life cycle of the device or contact
    So they wait til the device's life cycle is over have way over before releasing an update.

Big players like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, and so on are not at all

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 pm

OK quoting on a cellphone sucks, lol.

Fred Flintstone

Post by Fred Flintstone on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:16 pm

vampirefo wrote:OK quoting on a cellphone sucks, lol.

You should try it with an old 7 inch flytouch 1 with 300mhz tablet because you forgot your 10 inch tablet and your nice 7 inch tablet at home... Smile but i feel your pain.

simple thing is most companies can not afford to keep giving out updates on their devices because they would never sale enough new devices to stay in business with this practice. Smaller companies MUST provide updates if they want to keep their tablets moving.

Old retail statement. happy customer tells 5 people, unhappy customer tells 10.
    New retail statement, few happy customers review your tablets, unhappy customers review and blog until your out of business Smile

AishaLove

Post by AishaLove on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm

jnewt74 wrote:simple thing is most companies can not afford to keep giving out updates on their devices because they would never sale enough new devices to stay in business with this practice. Smaller companies MUST provide updates if they want to keep their tablets moving.

Old retail statement. happy customer tells 5 people, unhappy customer tells 10.
    New retail statement, few happy customers review your tablets, unhappy customers review and blog until your out of business Smile

i disagree, they can easily offset their sales from new devices, by charging a small fee for an upgrade on an older model, and the fact remains, that eventually older models simply will not be capable of running the latest releases, also consider that even if you could upgrade a devices firmware more easily, the hardware specs will remain the same and that will drive allot of people to purchase a new device.

Also if you consider most cellphone services offer free or cheap upgrades when you sign a new contract, and all the sudden providing the latest firmware available for older devices is a more sound business practice. If you could upgrade the firmware that would be a major selling point for a new model.

JonsZX2SR

Post by JonsZX2SR on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:15 am

AishaLove wrote:Big players like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, and so on are not at all

However, ASUS pushed the ICS update onto the Transformer and Transformer Prime in the past month. I bought a new Acer Iconia A500 on closeout that came with HC 3.0.1 installed. Within 2 days it had updated to 3.1, 3.2 then 3.2.1 without a hitch. The HC 4.0.1 update will be avaialble for the Iconia A100, A200 and A500 series by mid-April. (In some cases it is already available.)

Some manufacturers provide reasonable support for their products. In any case, I'll have fun with the A500 while I play with the Kyros 8125 and 1126. I'm probably going to sell one and use the other to play. I'll probably keep the 8125 despite the resistive touch screen because Netflix 1.7 works reasonably well with it.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 am

JonsZX2SR wrote:
    AishaLove wrote:Big players like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, and so on are not at all

However, ASUS pushed the ICS update onto the Transformer and Transformer Prime in the past month. I bought a new Acer Iconia A500 on closeout that came with HC 3.0.1 installed. Within 2 days it had updated to 3.1, 3.2 then 3.2.1 without a hitch. The HC 4.0.1 update will be avaialble for the Iconia A100, A200 and A500 series by mid-April. (In some cases it is already available.)

Some manufacturers provide reasonable support for their products. In any case, I'll have fun with the A500 while I play with the Kyros 8125 and 1126. I'm probably going to sell one and use the other to play. I'll probably keep the 8125 despite the resistive touch screen because Netflix 1.7 works reasonably well with it.

I look forward to a good version of ics, my momo8 had it but was buggy so I downgraded to 2.3.4 all my tablets run Netflix pretty well, I have an 8125 also only downside of the 8125 is the resistive screen.
    From your post you are implying 1126 doesn't run Netflix well?

ktakis

Post by ktakis on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:24 am

Just found this one : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0XC08R1913&nm_mc=EMC-MP031812&cm_mmc=EMC-MP031812-_-EMC-031812-Index-_-index-_-9SIA0XC08R1913

anyone knows if any good ?

Joel_Miller

Post by Joel_Miller on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:35 am

I would check with Tipstir on that one. I know he has already made a few ROMs for it.

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Hello, i looked a port from 2.3.3 to 4.0.3 for nexus s (uses the same type of cpu),
    I think its useful to make new ROM's updates from 2.3.3 to 4.0.3 for Coby tablets.

Wink

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19353328/ZD3PyN0t.zip

ktakis

Post by ktakis on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:19 pm

That would be great if we could have a port, but i think it is more then the CPU, the whole system is different so i am sure we need to wait for emdoor or coby to release the same tablet hardware with 4.0 , problem is probably by then they will have replaced teh hardware and upgraded it, will see !

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:24 pm

wincha wrote:Hello, i looked a port from 2.3.3 to 4.0.3 for nexus s (uses the same type of cpu),
    I think its useful to make new ROM's updates from 2.3.3 to 4.0.3 for Coby tablets.

Wink

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19353328/ZD3PyN0t.zip

Why do you think they are same processors? they aren’t even close to the same, nothing from nexus s would work on a telechips processor nexus s uses a top notch Samsung processor.
    few versions of coby uses a low end Samsung processor like the 7024, 1024 and so on those processors aren't in the same ball park and the nexus s.
    to port we need a company that uses the same telechips processor, and to release the kernel source for 4.0 before it can be ported.

Anyway thanks for trying.

mxpower

Post by mxpower on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:08 am

i am not allowed to post links but the cat nova is a similar device to mid8127 and will get ics firmware today. watch for updates.

Fred Flintstone

Post by Fred Flintstone on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am

Hello mspower, Welcome to KTZ forums! Thank you for the update on the nova!

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:11 am

mxpower wrote:i am not allowed to post links but the cat nova is a similar device to mid8127 and will get ics firmware today. watch for updates.
    Any download link for this? google search doesn't show any.

Fred Flintstone

Post by Fred Flintstone on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

hello hurtlocker

Welcome to KTZ Forums.

frewo

Post by frewo on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:35 am

The Coby-Support wrote to me, that the rollout of ICS wil be later than yesterday (17.04.2012 was the terminated rollout date). So perhaps it will be released in the middle of may!

butcher0288
    VIP, Blue, Donator
    VIP, Blue, Donator

Post by butcher0288 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 am

Tipstir,

Give us your opinion.
    Do you think that someone( Companies ) can put a ICS rom that can work with TCC8803 processors and be installed on coby kyros tablets ?

if we wait for coby we will be death and tablet still on gingerbread lol .

Is it possible for you with you acknowledge to produce a ICS rom one day for us ?

give us your opinion ...

regards,

butcher

tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Not going to work right without the correct drivers. That's the biggest issue is drivers. Sure you can put the ICS on 1GHz and 512MB but without the drivers you'll be dead in the water. COBY doesn't care about upgrades they just come out with tablets that can run the newer OS. But everyone does the same. COBY Policy is no upgrades in the OS whatever the tablet OS comes with it that's it.. So for those of us that were stuck with OS 2.1 we not have OS 2.3.3 thanks to me. But to go higher is where the issue has been.

ICS vs GB

The issues is how apps and games are supported.
    ICS is not perfect but a lot better than HoneyComb was.
    Bugs are in OS 1.6, OS 2.0, OS 2.1, OS 2.2, OS 2.3, OS 3.2, OS 4.0.x That's why OS 5 is coming out to fix the bugs in OS 4 but really?

Last edited by tipstir on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.

AishaLove

Post by AishaLove on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:08 pm

tipstir wrote:Not going to work right without the correct drivers. That's the biggest issue is drivers. Sure you can put the ICS on 1GHz and 512MB but without the drivers you'll be dead in the water. COBY doesn't care about upgrades they just come out with tablets that can run the newer OS. But everyone does the same. COBY Policy is no upgrades in the OS whatever the tablet OS comes with it that's it.. So for those of us that were stuck with OS 2.1 we not have OS 2.3.3 thanks to me. But to go higher is where the issue has been.

Maybe Coby will use some of the same or similar hardware in future ICS tablets, so that it may be easier to work out the driver issues.

tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 pm

No they're not doing that they use different vendors. The 7042 looks like the 7015, 7016, 7022, but the issue is what's inside there. PCB going to be different and we do know now that the Telechip PCB is gone in favor for the All Winner A10 1.5GHz (slated at 1.2GHz) running at 1008MHz, but can be OC to 1.2GHz. Those boards are not like the old ones. They have 300MHz GPU based on MAI 400, where the old one wasn't that way. 9042 and 9742 are not the same. 9042 an 1042 are almost same type. Should be coming from the same vendor where as the 9742 is not.

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.

butcher0288
    VIP, Blue, Donator
    VIP, Blue, Donator

Post by butcher0288 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Thank you very much Tipstir for you quick awnser.

It looks like we will be stucked forever in 2.3.3 .

Without drivers is impossible to do it as you said ans new pcb´s offer new drivers Sad

tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 am

Drivers for Touch screen, for WiFi, for things in that nature will be effected. The only way to do this is if the OEM not COBY has it already. But most of them left off at OS 2.3.3. Then decided to come out with a newer hardware and OS. Just way to many models used by COBY and they're still at it.

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 pm

tipstir wrote:Drivers for Touch screen, for WiFi, for things in that nature will be effected. The only way to do this is if the OEM not COBY has it already. But most of them left off at OS 2.3.3. Then decided to come out with a newer hardware and OS. Just way to many models used by COBY and they're still at it.

Ok and this one not serves?

KTZ Thread Telechip Sources

if no i can try to search the sources from all vendors for every hardware piece and compile it to ICS Wink
    cya

corby_wonder

Post by corby_wonder on Mon May 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Now it´s done, in germany they released ICS for the following ones:
    Coby Tablet 7022 | 1125 | 1126 | 8127 Update auf ICS Android 4.0

corby_wonder

ktakis

Post by ktakis on Mon May 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I dont have a serial number on either of my 7022, that sticker worn off long time ago, anyone a serial number to share ?

strung3
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by strung3 on Mon May 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi

I have tested this update but it doesn't work with my serial number. I am not german so maybe there is a lock for non german ?

Current date/time is Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:10 pm