PowerCode ROM Upgrades Depository for Kyros 7012, 7014, 7015, 7015A, 7015B, 7016, 7022, 7042, 7127, 8127, 9742, 1042 ,1125, 1126

I forgot my password

Donations to Support

Donations are
Greatly Appreciated
Thank You!

KTZ Forums Site Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 10271 messages in 1252 subjects

We have 25415 registered users

The newest registered user is marcosatilano

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 506 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 am

KTZ Rom | Up - POWERCODE

KTZ Rom Update - Bulldog

Poll

Do you own a MID4331?
14% 14% [ 2 ]
86% 86% [ 12 ]

Total Votes : 14

KTZ Affiliated Sites

ALNET Forums

ATZ Forums

WTZ Forums

Heal thIS Heaven website

April 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

My argument against the Google market

jpisini

My argument against the Google market

Post by jpisini on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:26 am

You guys should remove the market and switch to Amazon's it works much better with our tablets. I understand why the Cobys are not Google certified they just don't work well with it's services. I have stripped the market off, as well as the Google syncs so I don't use calendar or contacts. I no longer have wake locks or frequent wake ups. With moderate use my battery is going six hours and I am quite happy with the performance.
    ghostlyrom
    VIP, Blue, Donator
    VIP, Blue, Donator

Re: My argument against the Google market

Post by ghostlyrom on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 am

well my market works 101% havent had a problem with it yet.. but, i also like 1mobile market and probably use that more often too
    promek17
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by promek17 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:00 am

I guess it boils down to user preference. I have Market,Amazon, Getjar,apktop plus i sideload apps from other sources. Im not restricted to just Google market.Very Happy

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 am

promek17 wrote:I guess it boils down to user preference. I have Market,Amazon, Getjar,apktop plus i sideload apps from other sources. Im not restricted to just Google market.Very Happy

Same here, my iview 710tpc is Google certified by the way, My Coby 8125 isn't I use the 8125 all the time. Choice is the best thing.
    XXchocolatetouchXX
    Very Senior Member

Post by XXchocolatetouchXX on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes I use the market, amazon, other app sites, tipstirs apps he puts on here for us, and if I cant find it that way, I just google it. If that doesnt work, then there isnt an app for that purpose.

Limiting yourself to one app source is bad, unless its all you need.
    jpisini

Post by jpisini on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:16 pm

It's not about one being better or worse it is all the little issues I had on my tablet disappeared by removing the Google market. Yes it easier than the other ways but if it causes other issues I can work around it.

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 am

jpisini wrote:It's not about one being better or worse it is all the little issues I had on my tablet disappeared by removing the Google market. Yes it easier than the other ways but if it causes other issues I can work around it.

If you have received benefits from removing Google Market that is good for you, as for myself I plan on keeping it. Very Happy Very Happy
    farcus1022
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by farcus1022 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:44 am

I like the google market and Amazon and I like to side load apps. I like using any method that works correctly. I find the Market helpful with performance apps.
    tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 am

Everything done here is base on Market that's what everyone who comes to this forum wants is market. I use to build ROM under OS 2.1 called K9 didn't use any Google Apps just Amazon App Store. Remember Amazon controlling your tablet. But in other words Market is the best for me that's how your tablet was designed to work with Market. It might have not come with Market as COBY tries to keep cost down and sell tablets using phone OS. That's why they had skipped over Honeycomb was aimed for Tablets only but it wasn't really OS for tablet is still could be use has Smartphone since is had phone features active. So now COBY aim to come out with ICS tablet again without Market on it.

But in all Market is here to stay. Amazon App Store is too much locked you know to buy or to get some apps for free. I don't care for that type of service. I am Amazon Prime Member but not by choice..

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.
    Help support the continued KTZ forum and the development of PowerCode by making a donation min of $10 through PayPal. Thanks in advance!

jpisini

Post by jpisini on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:51 am

So how do we get the tablet to keep from waking up? I do use the wifi fix but that keeps the tablet from really sleeping which drains the battery.
    tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:39 am

jpisini wrote:So how do we get the tablet to keep from waking up? I do use the wifi fix but that keeps the tablet from really sleeping which drains the battery.

Not even hardware glitch it's known issue with Android and some tablets. COBY doesn't fix issues they just release another tablet. Using apps to stop it causes other issues.

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.
    Help support the continued KTZ forum and the development of PowerCode by making a donation min of $10 through PayPal. Thanks in advance!

jpisini

Post by jpisini on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 am

You would think changing from automatic to a manual sync would fix the issue but it doesn't. My phone does not do this so it seems to be specific to certain hardware I have to assume. It just seems there would be a way to change something to prevent this. Without Google services my tablet can sleep for more than 20 hours and still wake up with most of the battery intact. With Google services (whether it is the market or just setting up the calendar) I get about 6 hours of battery life with aggressive task killing and it is whether I am using the tablet or not.
    tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes like I had said with K9 all Google Apps and etc removed. Freed up more RAM and battery did last longer. But you know Android is Google so it's integrated relationship. Market, Gmail, Contacts, Calender all work in harmony, if you install Google Talk, Google Voice, Google Voice Search, Google Voice Recorder, Google Books, Google I/O, Google G++ etc.. You will soon see how much is gone to the system.

Remember all of this is still a work in progress OS they're so many bugs and glitches. WiFi-Wake-Up issue is one of the worst. On Android Smart Phone like Samsung your on a call it blanks the screen you can't even end the call.

Anyway everyone wants Market you don't so enough said..

(Staff)

CEO, KYROS TABLET ZONE

Please make a donation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:22 pm